Title: Thompson's Island: Photograph collection, ca 1832-1990
The digital collection consists of photographs and visual material from the Thompson's Island Collection.
Historical Note: A residential school for boys has been located on Thompson's Island since 1835 when the Boston Aylum for Indigent Boys and the Boston Farm School Society merged and moved to the Island as the Boston Aylum and Farm School for Indigent Boys, popularly called the Boston Farm School. In 1907 its name was changed to the Farm and Trades School to reflect a change in its mission. In 1955 it became Thompson's Academy, a college preparatory school for urban boys. Thompson's Academy closed in 1975.
Access Restrictions: Access to the student records in the collection are restricted
Other URL: http://www.lib.umb.edu/node/1643